1. Half of the lights on the Christmas tree are burnt out : Name a book/series/character that started out good but then went downhill ?
The Heirs of Watson Island trilogy. The first book was so charismatic. I didn’t see the twists coming. I loved the characters. Then the second book happened and let’s just say some of the character’s frustrated me to the point of yelling at my book. Not for being evil either. Ugh. The third book came out in October of 2016. I recently purchased it to complete my set but had to DNF it because I couldn’t get past the way the story was going, how long it was taking to get there, and the same character I was mad at before acting even more petulant. I struggled and it made me sad.
- Annoying Great Aunt Sally who will not leave you alone : Name a book that you didn’t enjoy, but everyone else seems to love so it never goes away
I read the first book in this series and was bored to pieces. I made it all the way through but was not convinced to continue reading it. Yet everyone is raving about them. sigh
3. Your pets keep knocking over the Christmas decoration : Name a character that kept messing things up for everyone else (can’t pick a villain!)
Aiden. I don’t consider him the villain because he isn’t Bei-Tech. In fact… I kind of felt for Aiden. HE JUST WANTED TO UNDERSTAND THE HUMANS! But man if he wasn’t messing stuff up for everyone. Sad day.
4. You hear your parents putting out the presents and learn Santa isn’t real: Name a book you were spoiled for
I should mention that is my own fault because I watched the live show for it at the owlry. Also I spoil myself for books all the time. I peak at the ending to see if I’m right about the direction of the story or I point blank guess the ending so it isn’t surprising for me. (My mom taught me how to guess endings.) So yeah I know a particular character dies in this book. Will I still read it? Most likely.
5. It’s freezing outside: Name a main character you just couldn’t connect with
The heirs to Holmes and Watson were replicas of the originals. Annoying. But to make it worse, Watson was boring. I was not engaged at all and wouldn’t have finished this if it wasn’t for the fact that I had to read it for bookclub.
6. Mariah Carey’s ‘All I Want for Christmas is You’ and it’s giving you anti-romantic feelings : Name a couple you couldn’t stand
I’m going to get hate for this. But I couldn’t stand Ettiene and Anna. The whole cheating thing just made me want to throw up the entire time. What its ok to cheat because you two are soulmates? BULL!
7. That scratchy homemade wool sweater you got for Christmas years ago but won’t get rid of : show some books that have been sitting on your shelves for a while, and you aren’t motivated to read, but you don’t have the heart to get rid of
8. Grandma Got Runover by a Reindeer: Name a character death you still are mad about (warn people for spoilers! You can also use TV or movie deaths)
#spoilers? I don’t think this is a spoiler but alright. I sobbed when Ed Herrmann died. His role as Richard Gilmore was such a big part of my coming of age life. I had lost my great grandmother the year before and it was really hard. EVERY scene having to do with Richard in the revival hurt my soul. I cried and cried. I’m tearing up right now. Just that huge sense of loss that the characters carried around. It was so heavy and heartbreaking. Heck, I’m tearing up right now.
9. The malls are overly crowded with holiday shoppers: Name a series that has too many books in it/went on too long
Good reads say there are 24 books? My mom still reads them but I stopped after 18. It was getting ridiculous.
10. The Grinch : Name a main character you HATE (No villians again!)
Margo is the reason I stopped reading John Green. I hated her. I hated her with Q. I hated her as a person. Go die Margo!
I hope you guys enjoyed this christmasy tag. I’m not going to tag people but if you want to do this tag, then go forth by my friends! You are tagged! Comment down below and tell me a character you just hated. I’ll talk to you guys later. Have a great week!