Hello nerdlings. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Today is Tuesday so I am here with another Top Ten Tuesday. Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish. This week’s theme was Hidden Gems. I tried to pick books that we just don’t hear about that much around the book community. Books that I would push people to read.
1. Anything Laura Wiess. My favorite of her books is Such a Pretty Girl. But I’m down with anything that she writes. Its all hard hitting stuff like rape, depression, and abuse. But if you can handle it that I highly recommend it.
2. I also love both of Samantha Schutz’s books. They are also about hard stuff and I’m pretty sure they are written in verse.
3. Go Ask Alice by Beatrice Sparks was once a pretty popular YA novel about the consequences of drug use and teen pregnancy.
4. What My Mother Doesn’t Know my Sonya Sones is a pretty good coming of age story also written in verse. It’s about and high school girl as she navigates relationships with boys.
5. My Life Unaware by Cole Giben is about a girl with social anxiety and how she deals with high school female friendships.
6. Bad Girls Don’t Lie by Katie Alender is about a girl who realizes she and her town are haunted by demons that can take control of people.
7. Another Little Piece by Katie Karyus Quinn is about a town that has a beast roaming through it and a girl who goes missing. Quinn uses magical realism to tell this story and I loved it.
8. Madly by Amy Alward is a super cute fantasy about an alchemist girl who must save the princess of her kingdom with the help of a rival alchemist that she is also crushing on.
9. Spelled by Betsy Schow is a fairytale retelling mainly of The Wizard of Oz. But the story reaches for other fairytales along the way.
10. The Paper Magician by Charlie M. Holmberg is about a girl who has paper magic and must save her mentor before his evil ex kills him.
If any of these sounds interesting to you please feel free to ask me about them in the comments. They were all great books that I wish more people read. I hope you guys have a bookish day! TTFN.