Hey bookish friends. Top Ten Tuesday is currently on hiatus until August 15th but I decided to do my own topic anyway. I decided to talk about some of my favorites books I read during my childhood. I am considering childhood anywhere from age five to age 11. So there is a bit of a reading gap in the types of books I chose. But I did read each of these during Elementary school. Let’s Go!
1. Roald Dahl – I loved Roald Dahl as a kid. The Witches was on my favorites that he wrote. But all of his books were rather odd and zany. Which for a child makes it all the more interesting.
2. A Wrinkle In Time – I loved this series so much that I still use it in tags and bookstagram photos to this day.
3. Holes – I read this in probably 5th grade. It’s so cool how everything connects and comes together in the end. And I really enjoyed the characters.
4. Walk Two Moons – This is a very sweet, funny and also heartbreaking. Its about a girl telling her grandparents a story. It’s totally worth a read.
5. Nancy Drew Mysteries – I read all of these books between 2nd and 3rd grade. I realize that they become a little formulaic. But for a child it was fun and not too scary.
6. A Little Princess – I loved this precious novel when I was a child. It’s a classic childrens story about a girl and her father.
7. Little House In The Big Woods – I think every girl my age read this as a child. It’s historical fiction based off Laura Engles Wilder’s real life experience.
8. Amelia Bedelia – I thought these books were hysterical in Kindergarden. I read through every book in the series that was available. And laughed the whole time.
9. Frog and Toad – I enjoyed the message and theme of each of the Frog and Toad books. They focus on friendship and doing what’s right. But I just loved how Frog and Toad talked with each other.
10. Dear America series – This was probably my favorite series as a child. This series is what got me into historical fiction. It started a love within me that last through high school. I also read the Royal Diaries as well.
Well I hope that you guys are having a terrific Tuesday. What were some of your favorite books you read as a child? Let me know in the comments down below. TTFN.