Hello Nerdlings. I am here today with a totally original tag. What had happened was about three months ago I saw Your Name in theaters. It was so fantastic. But I knew it wouldn’t show up on a book tag. I’ve seen the Disney book tag, and the Disney Princess Tag. But as I sat there and thought about it, I realized I have a deep seated love for animated movies that are quite frankly underrated and deserve more appreciation. So I created this tag. I hope that those of you that are tagged will do this on your own blog. And if you weren’t tagged, feel free to do it anyway!
1. Anastasia: A book trope you actually enjoy
I’ve got two. The lost princess trope. This is due to my love of fantasies with royals. And I also enjoy the geeky main character who is so naive and awkward. Very enjoyable for me. #Sorrynotsorry
2. Fern Gully: A book that teaches you while also entertaining you
Piecing Me Together by Reneè Watson was both entertaining and very educational for me.
3. Swan Princess: a character who makes a transformation
Gwen from What I Thought Was True by Huntley Fitzpatrick. This is a YA coming of age contemporary romance. Gwen starts out the book thinking she knows exactly what’s going on and who she is only to realize that what she thought was true simply isn’t.
4. Quest For Camelot: A sidekick (side character) who steals the show
The Dwarves in the Hobbit are my favorite part of the book. Their made up songs and jovial spirits just make me so happy.
5. An American Tail & Fieval Goes West: A sequel as good as or better than the original
Avenged by Amy Tintera, the sequel to Ruined, was amazing just like the first one. I gave both of them 5 Stars.
6. Thumblina: a character who feels out of place
Tomboy Charlie feels out of place when she forced to get a summer job at a very girly boutique and play model for a makeup artist. Enjoyable book. Probably my favorite Kasie West book.
7. All Dogs Go To Heaven: A character who cheats death
The Dregs from the Six of Crows duology. They all should’ve died like five times over. But they are still alive and scheming.
8. Road To El Dorado: A fictional place you would like to visit or one of your own “crazy” dreams
I’d like to visit Velaris. It would be so beautiful and full of art and music. Dream come true.
9. Once Upon A Forest: Fictional teacher you love or a teacher who changed your life
The teacher from Perks of Being A Wallflower was pretty awesome. He was patient and understanding with Charlie and was there for him when Charlie needed him.
10. The Last Unicorn: A really bad book to movie/tv adaptation
Percy Jackson and the Olympians was terrible. Like they need to just redo it as a tv show. Or start with one of Riordan’s other series.
11. Boxtrolls: Favorite weird invention from fiction or real life
I personally really liked all of Henry’s inventions in The Infernal Devices series. I love that he is the one that made the transporter device used in The Mortal Instruments.
12. The Iron Giant: Who was your childhood best friend? Are you still friends?
Her name was Baily Steh and sadly no. We lost contact by about 4th or 5th grade. My longest friendship is my best friend from middle school. We still text about once every few months.
13. Spirit: A character who refuses to lose hope despite unfortunate circumstances
Tohru from Fruits Basket. No matter what life throws at her she still is positive, upbeat, and determined to help her friends. Its part of what makes me love reading about her so much.
14. We’re Back: Favorite time-travel book
I really enjoyed The Girl From Everywhere by Heidi Heilig. Its a great adventure story with some good bipolar rep as well.
15. Your Name: A book where the love interests are “destined” to be together?
The pair in Fallen by Lauren Kate have met and fallen in love numerous times in many different lifetimes. They die and come back to life, find each other, and fall in love again. It’s their destiny to always find each other.
If you weren’t tagged still feel free to do this anyway. Let me know in the comments down below what your favorite movie from this list is. I watched a lot of these on repeat as a child. I hope you guys are having a very bookish Thursday. TTFN