Hello fellow booknerds and reading activists. Today is Tuesday and you know what that means. Top Ten Tuesday. TTT is hosted by The Broke and Bookish. Today’s topic was a fandom freebie. I wanted to encompass all different types of fandoms but I had more of one type than the others. And I realized that I don’t talk about TV much this blog. So I thought I would let you in on a little secret. I’m a netflix junkie. Well I used to be. And I could hop on the fandom band wagon like nobody’s business. So I thought I would share the top TV show fandoms that sucked me and took over my life at one point or another.
- Psych. If you’ve never seen psych then… we probably can’t be friends. JK. It was on netflix for a long time then last October they took if off and let me tell you. I AM OFFENED. Netflix! Don’t be exactly half of an 11 lb black forest ham! (quote from the show.) My brothers and I quote this show to each other regularly. I watched all the specials live. And basically Shawn and Gus are my favorite fictional best friends ever.
- Parks and Rec. If you know me at all you know that I think this show is hilarious. I can’t look at one of those buzzfeed articles where they list funny moments without cackling. When I watched the show originally I was constantly getting told to be quiet because my family could hear me at the other end of the house. I ship Leslie and Ben till the end. But Andy and Ron are my favorites.
- Sherlock. My mom got me addicted to Brittish TV. Thanks mom. And now I’m a Sherlockian. I love seeing fan fiction and fan theories. I’m kind of in love with Benjamin Cumberatch. It’s a problem. I just love this show. I still need to see the last season. I hard it was a tear jerker. No spoilers please.
- Once Upon A Time. This show was my jam for like the first 4 ish seasons. Then I kinda got annoyed with it. But I’ve still seen all the way up season till the last two episodes of season 5. I love Regina as the evil Queen. I ship all the characters. And I’m still mad that they killed off the huntsman! WHY?!?!?!
- Gilmore Girls. I’ve mentioned before that I was on the GG train from the very beginning. It is MY show. If blogging had been a thing when I was a tween/teenager I would have run a Gilmore fandom blog. I am obsessed. While I wasn’t 100% pleased with the reunion episodes, it still was very meaningful for me and I am open to discuss the Gilmores with anyone anywhere. I have opinions and they must be heard!
- Veronica Mars. Admittedly I joined this train after the series was off the air. But when I commit, I commit hard. I got so wrapped up in this series I had a hard time coming up for air. It has all my favorite things. Hot bad boys, a good ole mystery, a smart heroine with a side of snarcastic. Watching VMars now is like coming home and getting your comfy pajamas on. It just makes me happy. And I will always ship LoVe. I mean did you SEE the scene in the Veronica Mars movie where logan was in uniform! *Swoons* BUTTT Piz deserved a better ending that what he was given. Just saying.
- Pretty much anything by Shonda Rimes. See it all started in2014 when I was severely depressed and having a hard time finding work. I thought to myself,” What show on Netlfix has the most seasons? And all the seasons are available not just the last 5?” The answer was Grey’s Anatomy. I started and got immediately sucked in. Then I moved on to Scandal and finally How to Get Away with Murder. And I got INTO these characters. I would start talking like Olivia Pope and have dreams about the cast of Grey’s. It was an interesting time in my life if I’m honest. But I could fangirl with the best of them.
- The Vampire Diaries. So I made fun of my mom for watching this show during the first two seasons. Then the first episode of the third season airs and I walked into the room while mom was watching. I hear a beautiful brittish accent and I glance over. I say, “OOO! who is THAT hottie.” My mom goes, “That’s the hott bad guy. Have a seat my darling.” And so began an obsession with Klaus Michaelson and later Damon Salvatore. I regret to admit that I’m a season behind. But I own most of the previous seasons and plan to own the rest. I’m kinda sad it’s ending but at the same time… It was time.
- One Tree Hill. I put off watching this show as well. ( Do we see a trend?) Mostly because I didn’t like Chad Michael Murry. But my best friends my freshman year of college loved it so it was unavoidable. I realized that my favorite part was the music. Every episode I would look up and then download the accompanying song. Then I binged the previous seasons and fell into this black hole of teenage emotions. OH my goodness. Every week OTH hit me in the feels. I still own every season and will not relinquish them. No! I’m all about some Naley. They are def in my top 5 OTPS EVER. Yeah… that’s a big deal. I know this was like so Dawon’s Creek for a younger generation. But I happened to have been obsessed with DC as well. So what then?
- Finally the biggest fandom hole I have ever fallen into is Pretty Little Liars. I stumbled onto this by accident. But once it started I HAD to know who A was. I followed all these blogs on Tumblr and Instagram that shared secrets and theories. I would stay up all night reading reddit and talking to other fans. My Best friend and I would exchange theories for bragging rights. I mean I was in too deep. To the point that the season 5 finale (coupled with some bad medication) gave me hallucinations and night terrors. Yeah… I’ve since backed off PLL a bit. In fact I haven’t seen any of the last season or so. But I hope to watch it one day. Probably when it’s added to Netflix. P.S. Spencer is my queen. This is another character that I went through a phase of dressing and talking like.
Well these are my favorite TV fandoms. If you are into ANY of these tv shows please comment down below so we can fangirl together. Also let me know some of your favorite fandoms. I hope you guys are having a lovely day!