Hey! What’s good my friends? It is Tuesday again so it’s time for another top ten tuesday. The ladies at the Broke and Bookish are taking a small break from hosting until sometime this month. So I thought I would come up with my own topic: Top Ten Fandoms I would borrow character names from for my pets. Wow that is a mouthful.
Let me start by saying that if you know me personally then you know that when my family picks out a new pet (usually cats b/c we are cat crazy) we name them something from Harry Potter. It’s a thing we do. Harry Potter the cat is currently living with me and is my baby. My mom’s is Molly Weasley. My brother has Katie Bell. My brother has a dog named Fawkes. And Harry’s litter sister Hermione sticks with my dad. So my husband and I have talked about rescuing more cats when we get a bigger house that we own. But my rule is we have to pick our own fandom and draw names from that. So I picked 5 fandoms my husband and I share that would be cool to pull names from. And 5 fandoms that are just my own incase Justin is a ninny and won’t share in my fun.
10. Video games. I used to play Nintendo. And my husband collects games for multiple systems. If we could find a game where I liked the names I would probably let him choose that. I could see us doing Assassin’s Creed, Pokemon, ect.
9. Anime/Manga. My husband is the one who got me into Anime and Manga. He still pushes me to read it more frequently. A few that we have enjoyed together are Full Metal Alchemist, Deathnote, and Sword Art Online. But there are still plenty more for us to draw from.
8. Lord of the Rings. Justin and I both LOVE Lord of the Rings. It’s like an obsession. I still remember seeing Hobbits 2 & 3 with him. I think there are some pretty awesome names in LoTR to use for cats.
7. Studio Ghibli. This is more my thing than his, but he watches them with me and gets the movies for me because he knows how much I enjoy them.
6. Marvel. This one is actually the most likely to happen. Marvel is our thing. It’s part of our meet cute story. We see every new movie together. We go to the comic book store in our town and chill in the marvel section. Each bringing home 10+ trades. And at our wedding we walked back down the aisle to “Hooked on a Feeling”. I think this would be a perfect theme for us to choose from.
If Justin digs his heels in and wants to continue naming his cats after video game systems. (He already has Coleco and Sega)
5. Grisha Trilogy. Was there any doubt this would make the list? I LOVE this trilogy. And Maybe by naming my kitten Nikolai I could bring my fictional boyfriend to life. Yes please!
4. Harry Potter. I could continue with the Harry Potter theme. Especially if my Harry Potter is still alive. I always said I wanted orange tabby litermates so I could name them Fred and George. Who were, incase you didn’t know, my first fictional loves. And part of me still wants to accomplish this.
3. Vampire Academy. This is one of my favorite series from a few years back. And how precious would a little Rose and Dimitri be? Best ever.
2. Disney Sidekicks. I’m clearly obsessed with Disney. But instead of doing the disney princess thing. I think it would be fun to choose like Mushu, or Sebastian, or Sven. Great name choices if you ask me.
- Favorite Villains. Yep just villains in general. I’m talking about Holland, The Darkling, The Dark One, Klaus, Levanna. There are so many good villain names out there!
Well that’s all for today. I hope you guys are having a good day. Comment down below and let me know what’s a fandom that you would use to name your name pet?