Hey y’all. It’s Friday! The end of the week. Time to go home, put you’re soft pajamas on, grab your favorite beverage, and curl up with a good book. You know that’s right.
Since it’s Friday, I’m gonna do Five Things Friday! I picked this up from Kimberly at Kimberly Faye Reads. And I’m adopted it as my own. Woot Woot.
New to Queue
- State of Graces by Rachael Lucas comes out in April. It’s about a girl with Aspergers. Yep, I’m sold.
- What To Say Next by Julie BuxBaum comes on in July. I heard great things about her debut novel. My bestie loved it so I added this one hoping we could read it together.
- A Study in Scarlet by Sherry Thomas came out last October. It’s a Sherlock retelling. Need I say more?
The next two are lacking cover art currently.
- The Wishing Heart by J.C. Welker is due out sometime this year. It’s a F/F fantasy which is something I’d like more of in my life.
- Warcross by Marie Lu is due out in October. It’s about a teenage hacker turned bounty hunter who tracks down people who bet on this game that has taken the world by storm. Sounds kinda Sword Art Online ISH. I’m in.
Favorite Of The Week
Honestly I haven’t read anything that has taken over my life. I enjoyed Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. But I didn’t think it the answer to all things Contemporary. I’m currently reading Blood Rose Rebellion by Rosalynn Eves. We’ll see if that pans out.
When I Wasn’t Reading
I spent a lot of time crocheting while watching Criminal Minds. Why am I so obsessed with that show? This is my second time through and I’m just addicted. I have a problem! Plus it’s good background noise while I crochet. I’m making a shawl for my knit/crochet group. I also spent part of the week sick. Monday my allergies started acting up again. I got super congested which was just no fun at all. Hopefully it clears up soon.
Pic Of The Week
I couldn’t help myself.
Tonight I’m going to the V.E. Schwab signing at my local indie bookstore. I was using a borrowed copy of A Darker Shade of Magic. And I enjoyed it so much that I just went out and bought the whole trilogy in hardback. #SorryNotSorry. So I’m heading there tonight. Last night my husband and I waited in line for EVER so that he could pick up his preordered Nintendo Switch. (He’s really into gaming) So I’m looking forward to watching him play the new Zelda and maybe trying it myself. I’ll DEF be playing the new Mario Kart when it comes out at the end of April.
Well that is my week wrapped up into nice little post. I hope you guys are having a great week. Let me know down in the comments what is one thing you’re looking forward to.