I decided to do a wrap up this month and show you what I’ve read. If I did a review then there will be a link attached for you to go check out. Otherwise I’ll just tell you what I thought.
- I FINALLY started the Grisha Trilogy. Of course I loved it. I’m team darkling. I’ve already been spoiled for the ending BUT I can still dream. I never thought I would hate a “childhood best friend” character. But dang if Mal doesn’t make me want to punch him then push him down a hill. I’ve already ordered the next two with a gift card I recieved. BWAHAHA
2. I was reccomended this book by two different booktubers who compared it to Death Note. I will say that I enjoyed it. Not as much as Death Note but I did enjoy it. The story had some great internal and external conflict. The story line was catching. I half expected this one thing to happen and it didn’t. I won’t be shouting Monster from the rooftops but if you like a little thriller manga then I suggest you check it out.
3. Next I read volumes 2 & 3 of Saga. I own the first one and read it this past summer. I highly recomend this graphic for anyone who likes character journeys, diversity, and/or to laugh and cry while reading the same work. Saga will go down as a favorite.
4. I read When by Victoria Laurie. A girl who can read everyone’s death date off their forehead gets herself tangled up the town’s serial murder case.
5. A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness for the Once Upon A Read Along book club. The movie is coming out January 6th so I was super excited to read this. This is about a boy who is visited by a monster every night. The monster tells him three stories and slowly befriends Connor. I highly reccomend picking this book up, reading, then heading out to the movie.
6. I read vol 2 of Giant Days. This volume was pretty good. I love these girls and their daily like unfolding. I wasn’t fully in love with it due to some unnecessary drama but I did enjoy it.
7. Finally I read Lumberjanes vol 4. Once again I wasn’t as impressed with this volume as the previous ones. But I did enjoy it a lot. The fantasy part is kicked up a notch. And Jo struggles with some inner feelings when the LumberJanes are accompanied by Barney on their latest escapade. He is having a hard time fitting in with the guys and doesn’t feel like he belongs there.